Laura Lindstedt (b. 1976) became a critical darling with her adoption-themed debut novel Scissors (Sakset, Teos 2007), which earned her a nomination for the Finlandia Prize, the country’s most prestigious literary honour. She is currently revising her Ph.D. thesis on French author Nathalie Sarraute. Lindstedt’s second novel Oneiron (Teos 2015) is a work of speculative fiction that takes place in the mysterious moments that follow one’s death. Oneiron has continued Lindstedt’s critical success, earning her the coveted 2015 Finlandia Prize.
“When I started reading the novel and I experienced the intensity of Lindstedt’s writing, the suspenseful atmosphere she creates from the very beginning, I understood I was facing a “chef-d’oeuvre”. Her capacity to combine a fascinating story while building a reflection on the meaning of life and death is astonishing. We are immensely proud to welcome her at Gallimard .”
– Marie-Pierre Gracedieu, Gallimard, France
- 23.07.2019 De Bezige Bij acquires the Dutch rights to My Friend Natalia
- 08.07.2019 My Friend Natalia sold to Italy
- 05.07.2019 My Friend Natalia sold to 3 new countries in one week
- 21.05.2019 English sample for Laura Lindstedt’s MY FRIEND NATALIA now available!
- 24.04.2019 New praise for Laura Lindstedt and Mia Kankimäki
- 26.03.2019 Scolar acquires Hungarian rights to Laura Lindstedt’s My Friend Natalia
- 19.03.2019 Fantastic reception to Finlandia-winner Laura Lindstedt’s new novel about young woman’s sexuality ’My Friend Natalia’
- 11.06.2018 The Agency’s 9th anniversary & rights report: Oneiron sold to Spain
- 23.02.2018 Finlandia-winning Oneiron sold to Turkey, gathering praise globally
- 19.12.2017 Ahlback Agency December Newsletter
- 25.09.2017 September fiction reviews round-up
- 14.07.2017 Great reviews for Valtonen, Susi and Lindstedt in Germany and Norway!
- 23.02.2017 Oneiron nominated for the Nordic Council Literature Prize
- 10.01.2017 Italian press for Oneiron + FILI grants for 2017
- 26.04.2016 New praise for Laura Lindstedt’s Oneiron!
- 01.04.2016 Oneiron sold in 12 territories: W.A.B. Foksal acquires the Polish rights!
- 18.02.2016 Finlandia Prize Winner Oneiron by Laura Lindstedt sold in 11 languages
- 09.02.2016 Italian and Czech rights to the Finlandia winner Oneiron by Laura Lindstedt sold to Elliot Edizioni and Argo
- 02.02.2016 Forlaget Oktober acquires Norwegian rights of Finlandia prize winner Oneiron by Laura Lindstedt
- 21.01.2016 World English rights to Finlandia winner Oneiron by Laura Lindstedt sold in pre-empt to Oneworld