Frank Martela, PhD, is a philosopher and researcher of psychology specializing in the question of meaning in life. His articles have appeared in Scientific American Mind and Salon and his work has been featured on Quartz and on the BBC. His research has been published extensively in numerous academic journals such as Journal of Personality, Journal of Positive Psychology, Journal of Happiness Studies, Metaphilosophy, Southern Journal of Philosophy, Review of General Psychology, and Organization Studies. He has spoken to more than one hundred audiences worldwide, including invited lectures in universities on four continents, including Stanford University and Harvard University. He’s been interviewed by the New York Times, Fitness, Vice News, and Monocle Observer among others. He is based at Aalto University in Helsinki.
2020 Spring, Non-Fiction
- 11.02.2020 Three new deals for A WONDERFUL LIFE!
- 31.01.2020 Frank Martela’s A Wonderful Life is getting amazing praise in the US before publication!
- 13.12.2019 A WONDERFUL LIFE sold to Croatia and WILD EAST to Sweden!
- 27.11.2019 Norwegian rights sold to A WONDERFUL LIFE by Frank Martela
- 23.10.2019 Non-Fiction Frankfurt deals for A WONDERFUL LIFE and FINNISH PARENTING BOOK
- 07.10.2019 Full English Manuscripts now available: A WONDERFUL LIFE and THE WOMEN I THINK ABOUT AT NIGHT
- 11.06.2019 Elina Ahlback Literary Agency’s 10th anniversary celebration & New Deals
- 11.06.2019 Meaning of Life Explained sold to Rahva Raamat in Estonia
- 22.11.2018 Korean rights sold to The Meaning of Your Life Explained by Frank Martela
- 08.11.2018 The Little Book of Bad Moods will be published in 30 territories & The Meaning of Your Life Explained sold in Russia
- 01.11.2018 Ambo Anthos pre-empts Dutch rights to The Meaning of Your Life Explained by Frank Martela
- 29.10.2018 HarperCollins pre-empts World English rights to The Meaning of Your Life Explained by Frank Martela