Original title: Isämies ja mahdoton aikasolmu
Author: Arttu Unkari
Illustrator: Kai Vaalio
Publisher: FINLAND: Otava (orig.)
Genres: Chapter Books (6-9 Years), Middle Grade (8-12 Years)
Part of a series: Dad Man series
English sample & Synopsis
The quirkiest cop in town! The Dad Man Series offers fast-paced adventures and humour for all ages – especially lower middle grade
- For fans of David Walliams and Captain Underpants
- A perfect “Gateway series to literature” for reluctant readers
- Books in the series have been nominated for the Storytel awards 2020, 2021, and 2022 (Best children’s audiobook), Best Newcomer of the Year 2020, and the Runeberg Prize 2023!
- Bold and fresh 4-colour comic-book style artwork that add visual jokes to the narration
- 100,000 copies sold in Finland!
- 4 books available and more to come, with 5th book coming in 2024 - work as standalones and can be read in any order!
Dad Man is a dad, and a policeman - but he also has a superpower! Too bad his superpower is one shared by almost all dads – an unwavering belief in himself and his own abilities. Dad Man truly believes he knows everything and can do anything, but as it goes with most dads, the reality is quite different. And it follows that Dad Man’s nine-year-old daughter Oona needs to solve all of the issues herself.
Oona and her friends find out that Dad Man would never have gotten into police school without help – from them! How is that possible? The friends have no choice but to jump into a time machine and go back to Dad Man's police academy years to find out.
The four friends find themselves at the centre of a mysterious series of art theft. The case is being investigated by the police academy's quirkiest cadets, including, of course, Dad Man! Luckily, Oona and friends have a clue of their own. There is a criminal in the police school who they have already caught once.
A funny and engaging series [--] The series has such delightful characters, carefree school anarchy, and flight of imagination, and one is looking forward to the continuation.
Ilkka Valpasvuo on Kulttuuritoimitus magazine
FINLAND: Otava (orig.)