We are very glad to announce that Laura Ertimo and Satu Kontinen’s ENCHANTED PLANET EARTH has an Estonian publisher: Avita!
Avita is the largest educational publisher in Estonia.
Previously the title with amazing maps and stories has been sold to Alfa in Turkey, AST in Russia and Eurograf in Poland.
ABOUT THE ENCHANTED PLANET EARTH:
There is a planet where plants plan world domination. Where beasts are good, and trees live for thousands of years, collecting memories in their bark. This enchanted place is Earth.
This book has 10 stories, and 10 maps. They may sound or look like they are out of a fairy-tale, but they are real, true maps of our planet. The Enchanted Planet Earth is a children’s non-fiction book that also engages adults. Through magical maps it teaches about nature, oceans and the history of continents. The stories also provide a context where adults and kids can discuss the environmental issues and how people’s actions affect nature. Through narratives the book explains the real processes that change our planet and make the Earth habitable.
The maps in the book include:
- Hidden by Earth – Treasure Map
- Invisible World – Underwater
- Stormy Weathers – A different climate map
- Meeting of Trees – The oldest forests and trees
- Plant Love – Map of Flowers
- Story of the Kind Wolf – Map of Extinct Animals
- Travelling Animals – Migration map
- Fairies and Goblins – Map of the Little Folk
- Stories of Travel and Travelling Stories – Travel Map
- Changes – Map of Disappeared Things
- Visions from outer Space – Small maps of moving continents