Literary Agent @ Elina Ahlback Literary Agency
Are you a Sales Professional who:
📚 loves books and reading?
🤝 thrives in sales and customer engagement?
🌍 excels in international work environment?
If you responded YES three times, then keep reading! This position might be for you. 💡
🔎 We are looking for a Literary Agent to join Elina Ahlback Literary Agency’s team at their Helsinki office. The position is full time and permanent starting as soon as possible. You can work at Elina Ahlback Literary Agency’s Helsinki office or remotely, whichever works best for you.
🎁 Elina Ahlback Literary Agency offers you:
- a unique possibility to work amongst literary professionals in an international and academic surrounding
- an opportunity to hop on to a booming business with room to grow in your field of expertise and ambition
- global clientele with opportunity to travel
- the most welcoming office atmosphere and great, supportive colleagues!
As a Literary Agent you will be responsible for selling Finnish authors’ works to international publishers in specific geographical areas. The communication with publishers and producers will take place primarily digitally and occasionally face-to-face as well. You will work closely with the Literary Agent team on a weekly basis. In your daily work you utilize the existing client data base as well as focus on new business sales. As a Literary Agent you value long-term client relationships and personal contacts. In this role you have the opportunity to grow to become a leader or alternatively deepen your expertise in the literature field. Passion for books and reading is essential to succeed in this role.
In addition, your responsibilities include occasional traveling to international book fairs and other client events.
💌 The ideal candidate for this role:
- has an academic education, preferably master’s degree level
- has ideally work experience from the publishing, gaming, film, TV, or entertainment industries
- has the ability to take care of existing clients as well as focus on new business sales
- has social intelligence and is able to navigate smoothly with various people internationally
- is an excellent communicator, both verbally and writing in English; other languages seen as an great advantage
- is interested in social media marketing and has willingness to learn the latest tips & tricks
📚🌍📈 Elina Ahlback Literary Agency
“The future of agency business is here.”
Elina Ahlback Literary Agency represents authors from all Finnish publishers including over 100 active writers and illustrators with translations into more than 50 languages. Elina Ahlback Literary Agency is well known agency representing famous bestseller authors such as Max Seeck and Salla Simukka. The agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in Helsinki, New York and Los Angeles. Their fastest growing business area is selling stories and media rights to Hollywood entertainment industry and international production companies in film, TV and streaming industries.
Elina Ahlback Literary Agency was selected among the top three literary agencies in the world and shortlisted for The 2020 International Excellence Awards at The London Book Fair. In 2019 founder Elina Ahlbäck was selected as the Agent of the Year at the Association of Agents and Managers in Creative Industries Gala (AGMA).
Interested? Please apply via https://ats.talentadore.com/apply/literary-agent-elina-ahlback-literary-agency/m7MVvZ with your CV and application letter in English by 26 June 2022, and get the conversation going!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our Recruiter Kukka Roine (tel. +358 40 7739888 or firstname.lastname@example.org)