Miika Nousiainen writes sharp, gentle and often tragicomical novels about surprising themes like long-distance running, the desire to be Swedish, and dentistry. He works as a journalist and writes also for television.
“We are so happy and proud to publish the new and fantastic humorous writer, Miika Nousianen in Italy. We admire his works and love his frank depictions of Finnish culture mixed with incredible humour, sharp observations, brilliant writing and societal themes, in the great tradition of Arto Paasilinna, Aki Kaurismäki and Kari Hotakainen. We are sure that the Italian readers will fall in love with the adventures of the two incredible brothers of Juurihoito. As our Finnish readers said “A great book: you read it in one breath, it makes you cry (several times) and smile (very often).” – Cristina Gerosa, editorial director, Iperborea
2020 Fall, Literary
- 12.01.2018 January fiction deals: Memory of Water and Raspberry Boat Refugee
- 30.11.2017 Roots rights and reviews
- 07.11.2017 October deals & reviews round-up: The Guardian Angel and The Core of the Sun
- 01.11.2017 Roots, the warm-hearted hit of the season, gathers enthusiastic reviews
- 14.06.2017 June deals round-up: Finlandia Prize winning dystopian satire to China, feel-good family novel to Hungary
- 20.01.2017 Nousiainen and Lehtolainen bestsellers of 2016!
- 14.10.2016 Pre-Frankfurt buzz: sixth deal for Miika Nousiainen
- 15.09.2016 German publishers snap up Max Seeck and Miika Nousiainen
- 30.08.2016 Dutch pre-empt for Roots by Miika Nousiainen
- 12.08.2016 Roots by Miika Nousiainen sold to Sweden!
- 20.06.2016 Miika Nousiainen’s Forthcoming Novel ROOTS Sold In Italy To Iperborea!